The Cultural Arts Committee produces varied concerts in our beautiful ballroom 7 times a year, followed by elaborate dessert buffets. We also arrange trips to art museums, historic homes, and local professional theaters.
The committee is composed of professionals in communication, education and concert productions along with award winning professionals in TV, graphic arts and advertising.
The performers engaged are of the highest level – the variety ranging from classical to jazz, Broadway to folk music, large and small ensembles. Including the 2015 season, we will have presented almost 80 programs and trips. Most are only a few steps from your home.
We welcome you and your guests to our events. Information and fliers are posted on TV, the Canal Walk Website, and in the Clubhouse. With more people moving into our community all the time, these popular programs are likely to sell out quickly. You will find our tickets priced much lower than other venues, so get your tickets early.
Some of the programs over the last 10 years include:
- Porgy & Bess by members of the NJ State Opera
- Mardi Gras Concert (Dixieland)
- Imperial Brass and Princeton Brass Bands
- The Four Aces
- Tours of Pearl Buck’s house and local historic places
- Salute to Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw
- Trips to MOMA, Newark, Philadelphia and other art museums
- Billy Joel Tribute
- Classical ensembles and orchestras
- The Warren Vache Trio
- These Three Tenors
- Simon and Garfunkle Tribute
- Metropolitan Opera Tenor Ronald Naldi
- Carrie Jackson Jazz Band
- String Quartet & High Tea
- Bucky Pizzarelli Trio
- Work O’the Weavers
- Backstage at the Met
- The Dupreeso
- The life and music of Cole Porter
- The Westfield Symphony Orchestra
- Irish Tenor Andy Coony
- Paragon Ragtime Orchestra
- Broadway Star Robert Cuciolli
- Programs presenting the music of Rogers & Hammerstein, Johnny Mercer, Lerner & Lowe, George Gershwin and others
To sign up for our programs, check the section called Recent and Upcoming Events at Canal Walk on the home page.